School of Xenostudies, Romulan
These courses are an in-depth study of Romulan culture, military, government, and technology. All information needed to answer the 100 and 200 level exams may be derived from the Course Manual. Some questions will ask you to draw conclusions from the facts presented. The 301-level project will require outside research from such sources as Star Trek episodes, source books, technical manuals, or informational websites. Courses are currently available through the XR-301 level and all are available online for immediate credit.
The manuals necessary for these courses can be downloaded from the SFMCA Library.
XR-111 The Romulian Government: The Romulan people and the Tal’Shiar: This course will give the student a basic understanding of the Romulan people and the Tal’Shiar. Completion of this course allows the Student to petition the STARFLEET Academy’s Romulan Orientation College for credit for ROC-102. Prerequisite for this course: XR-101.
- The Branch Director has the authority to approve or deny any and all requests for this course and their decisions are final.
- Projects MUST in some way shape or form relate to the SFMC and the branch for which you are applying to.
- You must submit a topic or project description when requesting this course. Any requests without a topic or project description will not be honored.
Below are some SUGGESTED projects. A student can either use the suggested projects or any other project that they can think of. Please note however that these are suggestions only and that directors may or may not approve them.
- College-style papers.
- Specifications / descriptions and/or technical drawings of new technology relating to the branch.
- A short story that utilizes the material in the branch.
- An addition to the branch’s manual relating to a topic not covered by the existing manual.
- A new exam and answers for the branch (Please note that this is at the Branch Directors discretion).